Dr. R. Renan Williams loves to give his time and resources back to the North Richland Hills community that has been so good to him and his family. To improve the lives of people both here and in other areas, Dr. Williams:Doctor R.R. Williams on the practice's community involvement Read Transcript
As dentist, it’s really a gift, what you do, and you have the opportunity to impact people’s lives in a powerful way. And so, I’ve embraced that, and had the opportunity to travel all over the world, from Africa, to Poland, and Central America, and deliver dentistry to those who might otherwise not have the opportunity to have dental treatment.
But one of the things that I realized one day is that, you know, I’m traveling all over the world. What about right here? So, one of the things that I invited my staff to take part in is what we call Free Dental Day. A couple of Fridays before Thanksgiving, we open our doors up, and whoever needs to come in can come in, and we can do whatever we can do for them at no cost. And we don’t ask anything of them. We just open the doors and say, if you’ll be here, we’ll do what we can do for no cost. And what’s beautiful about that is, my staff volunteers their time to do that. They’re all on board with that.
And so, I love that we’re able to do right here in our community, offer a compassionate hand. And we love to do it right around Thanksgiving, because we are thankful for what we get to do, and this is a way for us to express thankfulness, and express help, and give help to others in a compassionate, loving way. And so, I love that my staff has bought into it. It’s one of the most fun days that we have. It’s a hard day. It’s a busy day, but it’s very rewarding.
So, yeah. It was cool when it hit me: Why not right here? And so, this is, we’re going on our tenth year of offering Free Dental Day. We have people even call, “Is Free Dental Day coming up?” And I say, “Yes, it’ll be here,” and tell them that it’s coming up.
- Established and donates his time and skills to a “free dental day” for the needy that he operates each year. The event in November 2018 marks our office’s tenth year doing so.
- Volunteers his time speaking in schools and nursing homes to educate people about good oral hygiene.
- Donates his skills and services to a local free dental clinic.
- Provides free treatment in the area-wide Save a Smile program to improve the oral health of children from low-income families.
- Participates in Texas Mission of Mercy, a mobile dental clinic that provides no-cost care for residents with limited access to dentistry.
- Is active in his local church.
- Has volunteered for numerous dental mission trips, including Africa, Poland, Guatemala, and frequent trips to Mexico.
Call us today to make your next appointment: (817) 435-1337. We look forward to seeing you soon!