At R. Renan Williams DDS, we want all our patients to enjoy healthy, lifelong smiles. We work hard every day to make that happen. Sometimes that means gum disease treatment is necessary to bring a patient’s mouth back to good health.Doctor R.R. Williams on gum disease treatment Read Transcript
When someone comes in our office and they present with gum disease or periodontal disease, we have a situation where we can set them up for successive appointments where we can get their teeth cleaned thoroughly with them comfortable, and then get them on a regular plan of having their teeth clean so that they can have healthy teeth and gums.
Dr. Williams has over three decades of experience, so you can be confident he’ll use his expertise to eliminate disease from your mouth and keep you smiling. Here’s what you can expect from treatment for gum disease in our North Richland Hills dentist office:
- Reduced bacteria levels in your mouth.
- Increased confidence when interacting with others.
- Healthier gums with a natural pink color.
- Better breath.
- Reduced chance of advanced gum disease requiring more invasive treatment or tooth extraction.
Call us at (817) 435-1337 to schedule your gum treatment today. Get healthier, more beautiful gums soon!
Our Periodontal Program Revives Diseased Gums
Dr. Williams and our staff have developed a comprehensive periodontal health program to eliminate bacteria and disease from your gums so that you can enjoy optimal oral health. It consists of two office visits and includes:
- Scaling and root planing. We will deep clean your gums to bring them back to health. To ensure your total comfort, we first apply a topical anesthetic and administer local anesthesia. Then we will remove plaque and tartar in the pockets between your tooth roots and gums. Finally, we plane (smooth) the roots so that bacteria have difficulty recollecting there.
- Antibacterial mouthrinse. A special rinse is used to irrigate the gum tissue and remove any residual bacteria.
- VarioSonic electric toothbrush. For optimal oral hygiene, you’ll receive a high-quality toothbrush to use at home.
- Periodontal maintenance care. Every three months you’ll return to our office for an exam and follow-up care as needed to make sure your gums and teeth stay healthy.
Call us at (817) 435-1337 today to schedule your gum disease treatment. Let your gums look and feel their best!