Many people get nervous about going to the dentist. At R. Renan Williams DDS in North Richland Hills, we understand that most people don’t look forward to their visits. However, if you’re fearful of dental care, you’ll be in good hands with Dr. Williams and our staff. We go out of our way to make sure our dental guests feel right at home. Relieving dental anxiety is one of the things we do best. Below are some of the benefits you can expect from visiting our friendly office:Doctor R.R. Williams on relieving dental anxiety Read Transcript
Nervous dental patients are very common. I found in my practice that if I can make a way for a person to be relaxed in the office then they’re more prone to have dental treatment done that they need. We have ways to help people relax, whether it’s the happy gases, or it’s the happy air, or whether it’s medications that help them relax. They come here so that they can take a couple of pills and relax, and then go back, or they can simply get a prescription filled at the pharmacy and take those pills and then come here and they’re more relaxed. Then we have things in the office that help them relax like, cozy blankets, and we have headphones. They can listen to music. Then we have chairs that are cushioned, that are comfortable, so we try to make it a comfortable, relaxing, cozy environment. Sometimes medication is a powerful way to make that more possible.
- Expert dental care to maintain your oral health.
- Three choices for relaxing sedation if desired.
- Early detection of small dental problems before they get bigger and more serious.
- Increased confidence knowing your smile looks its best.
- Less anxiety about future dental work.
Call us at (817) 435-1337 today for a great dental experience – what we call low-volume, high-touch personal care. Our office is conveniently located at 5104 Eldorado Drive, not far from Riscky’s BAR-B-Q.
Relax With Our Selection of Amenities
It’s no wonder that we have so many lifelong patients at R. Renan Williams DDS. Dr. Williams and our staff are devoted to making your time with us as pleasant and stress-free as possible. Below are a few of the many ways we do that:
- Cozy blankets you can curl up with to help you relax.
- Bottled water to keep you hydrated and comfortable.
- Warm, moist towels after your procedure.
- Lip balm to comfort dry, chapped lips.
- Headphones so you can drift away to your favorite music.
- Sunglasses to block out bright lights and help you forget you’re at the dentist office. Beach, anyone?
Take Your Choice of Sedation
We offer three different types of sedation so that you have plenty of choices depending on your level of anxiety:
- Inhaled sedation (“laughing gas”). This gentle sedative provides a slight euphoric effect to relax and calm you.
- Oral conscious sedation. Before your appointment, you’ll take a small FDA-approved pill that will calm your nerves and make you feel slightly groggy.
- IV sedation. We partner with a trusted medical professional who will administer safe, effective medication to put you in a dream-like state during your procedure.