Like many of our patients, you may be tired of living with diseased and damaged teeth. You may even have missing teeth that are making it hard to eat without struggling and smile without embarrassment. The good news is that dental crowns and bridges from R. Renan Williams DDS in North Richland Hills can make your life easier – soon. As part of our restorative dentistry solutions, they give you many options to get back your bite and your smile. A crown or bridge will:Doctor R.R. Williams on Dental Crowns and Bridges Read Transcript
Quite often what happens is we start getting fillings as a child and then as a young adult we’ll get another filling. Well, what happens is these fillings get so large and the fillings are almost larger than the tooth. The filling is only as strong as the strong tooth there to support it. What happens is, then we get another filling or then we get another cavity around an old filling, and then there’s not enough strong tooth to support that filling. A crown acts like a sleeve to go around a tooth to give it strength. I’ve heard it said it even acts kind of like a helmet for a tooth, it protects it and makes it strong. It comes around it and makes the tooth strong, whereas it didn’t have the walls to support it, now we can give the tooth walls to be strong.
Dental crowns and bridges are a great option where, once they’re placed they don’t have to be taken in and out. That’s the beauty about crowns and bridges is they’re permanent. They’re cemented in permanently and you don’t have to take them out after you eat and go brush them. Dental crowns and bridges can do a dramatic thing for an individual. If you’ve had someone who’s had their front teeth that, they haven’t been proud of their front teeth, they haven’t had the confidence to smile, and then when you can take those teeth and cover them with crowns and to give them a bright, comfortable, smooth, pleasing smile, oh it changes how they feel about themselves. You see them walk differently. You see them start to … I had a fellow who shaved off his mustache, where he had had a mustache for years but he decided he didn’t want it because it might hide his front teeth, he was so proud of his front teeth. It changes the way they view themselves in a very positive way.
- Fill in your smile to give you more confidence in social interactions.
- Restore your bite so you can enjoy all your favorite foods you’ve been missing.
- Improve your overall oral health.
- Help you look younger and more attractive.
- Eliminate pain when chewing.
- Help strengthen a weak tooth.
- Allow you to speak clearly and be understood.
Talk to our friendly staff to schedule an appointment – call (817) 435-1337 today. Our office is located at 5104 Eldorado Drive, just a few blocks from Holiday Heights Elementary School.
Complete Your Smile With Many Different Crowns & Bridges Options
Our very own Dr. R. Renan Williams is a part of the teaching faculty at the Center for Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry. Through his dental knowledge, skills, and expertise gained from over 30 years in practice, Dr. Williams designs custom smile solutions for our patients. Below are a few of the options we offer using dental crowns and bridges:
- Single crowns for tooth repair. A single, beautiful crown fashioned from zirconia or porcelain will repair your damaged or diseased tooth. A crown fits securely over the top of the tooth to strengthen it and prevent further damage and pain. Dr. Williams will ensure that it blends in perfectly with your other teeth.
- Fixed bridges. A bridge is used to fill in gaps in your smile with natural-looking replacement teeth to make smiling, biting, chewing, and even talking easier. It anchors on either side to your existing teeth.
- Implant crowns. Durable dental implants placed in your jaw provide a sturdy base for custom crowns to replace missing teeth. Plus, implants stimulate your jawbone and prevent bone loss that normally occurs when you lose teeth.
- Implant-supported bridges. We can use two or more implants to anchor a bridge that will replace several missing teeth and help you eat and smile again with ease. The implants will also help preserve your jawbone.
- Inlays. Custom inlays are usually made from porcelain or zirconia. They bond to the top of your tooth between the cusps (tips) for repair that requires more than a filling but less than a complete crown.
- Onlays. Onlays are similar to inlays but extend down over the sides of the tooth as well.
Call us at (817) 435-1337 today to restore your smile and bite with dental crowns and bridges. Don’t put off enjoying your favorite foods!